Steven Tonkinson, CFP®, AIF®, CFS®
Managing Director and Co-Portfolio Manager
Steven is the son of Rick and Margarita and is the managing director of the firm. Steven has over 20 years of experience in retirement and financial planning, wealth management, portfolio asset allocation, compliance, and guiding clients through major life transitions. Steven earned his BS in accounting with a minor in economics from the University of Florida, where he was a 4-year recipient of the Florida Academic Undergraduate Full Scholarship. Steven has been a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional since 2006. As director, he oversees business development, compliance, investment analysis, portfolio management, and performance monitoring responsibilities.
Steven volunteers as a response team member (SRT) with the disaster relief charity ShelterBox, deploying 15 times to assist in delivering vital aid. He also coaches a standup paddleboard team for Special Olympics Florida. He serves as a board member for ShelterBox USA, The Woody Foundation, the CPHAA, and The Tonkinson Foundation.
Steven resides in Coconut Grove with his wife, Sarah, and their two chocolate labs. He is an Eagle Scout and has completed an Ironman triathlon and several ultra marathons. He is an avid kiteboarder and snowboarder. He hopes to visit all of the U.S. National Parks one day.
Licenses and Certifications:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) professional designation awarded by the Center for Fiduciary Studies
- Certified Fund Specialist® (CFS®) professional designation awarded by the Institute of Business Finance
- FINRA Series 6, 7, 24, 63 and 66 securities registrations as an Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®
- 2-15 Life, Health & Variable insurance license through Commonwealth Financial Network®